Sunday, January 10, 2010

Birthday Bash!

Friday was Kylee's first birthday and we celebrated with a ladybug party! I made these fun invitations with some of Ky's Christmas pictures Ben took and they turned out really cute!

We bought a bunch of balloons of course, which Ky loved playing with until they all sunk to the floor and I had to throw them away.
The decor! I had so much fun making everything and planing all the details.
There were cookie pops, chocolate dipped pretzels, and red and black licorice.
Cupcakes for everyone and a smash cake for Kylee.
There was a ladybug on top of course.
She even got a special birthday hat, which she actually wore for a few minutes when we sang happy birthday.
We let her have her present from Ben and I before the guests came. I think the smile on her face means she loves it!
The mane and ears make a crinkly sound when she plays with them so of course she couldn't leave them alone.
The horse was a hit!
The birthday girl!
Stopping to take a thumb brake.
We had pizza for dinner and Kylee loved the chocolate pretzel she got when she was done.
Next she opened her presents.
She got so many fun things! Thanks everyone!
After presents we did the cake! It didn't take her long to touch it to see if it was something she got to eat.
She delicately sat and picked at the frosting for a little bit.
Then I had to show her all the good stuff was in the middle.
She quickly figured out what to do with the cake on her hands.......
......stuff it in her mouth!
Let's just say it got pretty messy. Especially when she decided to run her hands through her hair and give herself a chocolate cake mohawk!
She had so much fun and couldn't believe we just let her do it!
She was pretty well covered from head to toe.
And somehow even managed to get a piece of licorice!
I think it's pretty safe to say she had a TON of fun on her first birthday! We even got the thumbs up! Happy birthday sweet baby girl!! We love you!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you're quite the party planner! Can I call you for Macie's first birthday? :) You did a great job with everything and all the pictures of Kylee are so cute. I love her little tutu and that thumbs-up picture at the end is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOO CUTE Linds!! I Loved everything from the invites, to the CAKE and the hat and her horse and her tu tu!! AGH! I just loved it!! That one of her "cake mohawk" and the last "thumbs up" one are HILARIOUS! What a cutie. Happy birthday Kylee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun party! You did great on everything!

    ReplyDelete