Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween Weekend!

I just have to say how much I LOVE Halloween. I don't know why, but I just do. I've always liked it and started thinking about what I was going to be months in advance when I was little. Ben, however, does not like Halloween even though if I ask him to he will gladly dress up. I'm glad I have Kylee to get all dressed up and be silly with me!

This year she was Dorothy and looked so darling! I must say I'm pretty proud of myself for how cute her costume turned out. I found the white dress and a white and blue checkered shirt at the DI. The dress had TONS of awful lace on it which I cut off most of and I turned the shirt into a dress that I sewed to the white one so it was one piece. The little basket also came from the DI and Toto was borrowed from my niece. I found the shoes at Kmart which were perfect!




My darling nieces Preslee and Allie slept over Friday night and went trick-or-treating with us at the Logan mall.


After Ky's nap we headed down to my Mom and Dad's and went trick-or-treating in their neighborhood. Well, we only went to 2 houses and it started raining pretty good. Here is Kylee and some of her cousins that went together.


I dressed up as the Wicked Witch to match Ky's costume. I painted my face in the car on the way down from Logan and when Kylee saw me she kept saying, "More Shrek! More Shrek!". Apparently I was a better Shrek than witch.


We left there and went to Ben's parent's house so we could do some trick-or-treating with his Aunt Diane. Kylee thought she looked pretty silly!


Here's a picture of the back of her very wrinkly dress. I'm not sure why it's so wrinkled, but it's still pretty cute!


She had so much fun and got "trick-e-treat" down pretty quick. She got so much candy too! Her little basket was pretty heavy!


When we got back, she dumped out her candy and thought really hard about what one she wanted to eat first.

Earlier in the week we went to my parent's ward party. Kylee didn't like that at all. One of the men there dressed up as a gorilla and scared her so bad she was shaking and couldn't move. I asked him to come back without his mask on so she could see he wasn't real and what did he do? Came running at her down the hall with his mask on shaking his arms and screeching! She freaked out and was shaking forever. She was honestly pale! I felt so bad! It's a good thing Ben wasn't there or that monkey would've been down on the ground so fast!


Anyway, she wouldn't let me put her down at all and was only calm after she got a whistle, crayons, and a little pad of paper.


For the next day or two out of the blue she would say, "Scary Monkey." :(


When my nieces slept over, I wanted to do something fun for them so I decided to make some spooky Halloween food. For breakfast we had wrotten eggs (dyed green eggs), dragon scales (red french toast), and gobblin blood (lemon-lime punch).


Lunch was shrunken mummy heads (mini pizzas).

Dinner was my favorite though.
Swamp worms (spaghetti), monster eyeballs (meatballs with olives on them), witch fingers (string cheese with fruit snack nails), and goblin blood (punch).




They loved it and I had a lot of fun making it for them!

There you go, my great big out of order Halloween post!

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Kylee's dress, your own costumes, the food, etc. Seriously, I'm going to have to start coming to you for ideas! That is really sad about Kylee getting so scared by the gorilla...that dang guy, what was he thinking?!

    P.S. Did you cut new bangs? In the picture where you are dressed like a cat they look awesome and you look super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok... shut up... you MADE her costume?!?!?! SO STINKIN CUTE!!!!! So adorable!!!!! And seriously.. who would be so cruel to chase down a baby in a monkey suit?!??!? I would be fuming!!!!! >:(

    Looks like you guys had a blast though with all your fun parties and I LOVE you Halloween meals you made!! So fun!!!

    ReplyDelete